Thank you for visiting the website for The NYS Zero Lift Task Force! We hope that you will find this site useful in learning and implementing Safe Patient Handling Policies and Programs at healthcare facilities across New York State. New information and statistics are coming to light daily, so we hope you visit the site often! We encourage new information and questions, so please contact us at any time.
Overviews of Safe Patient Handling and Movement
- Click here for a 3 minute introductory video on Safe Patient Handling by the American Nurses Association.
- Read an overview of Safe Patient Handling that was authored by two of the top experts in this field.
- Visit the Injured Workers page for new stories shared by healthcare workers who have been injured on the job due to patient handling.
News in New York
- We need phone calls into the Assembly all day, asking them to pass A10715A, the Safe Patient Handling Act. They will be in session from 9:30 AM until late tonight. The bill is NOT LIVE until tomorrow due to the aging rule, so there is plenty of time to continue pushing for passage.
THE SENATE IS INTENDING TO PASS IT TOMORROW!! The Assembly will not commit to passing it because the Governor is pushing back. So we need to shore up the Assembly TODAY!
As many phone calls into as many Assembly majority members are needed ASAP, throughout the day. Call as soon as you can and call late in the day for an update.
The toll free number is 1-877-255-9417.
- WNYCOSH & Organized Labor Steps Up Effort To Get Safe Patient Handling Legislation Passed In New York State As New Lab & Training Center Opens At The University At Buffalo
We are now on Facebook!
Copyright ©2013 Zero Lift Task Force. All rights reserved.